Author Topic: Lower Zombie Health, Limit Satchels  (Read 4177 times)

Jlaff

Lower Zombie Health, Limit Satchels
« on: May 16, 2009, 11:06:15 AM »
I know I'm not the only one suggesting this, to lower zombie health and limit satchels. This is an amazing mod, one that takes up alot of my free time lately, but everything in this world can improve. I know there are two schools of thought on satchels, one that they give the hunters a chance, and the other that they are an unfair advantage. Lowering zombie health and limiting satchels would allow the skill players to really shine, vs people mindlessly spamming satchels at choke points who rack up huge scores. These scores are also misleading, as from what I've seen, you can hit a zombie with 5hp once for 450 points with a satchel, yet you shoot him with your ppsh and end up with the same result, only with 20 points to your credit.

It also becomes tiresome waiting for the hunters to run out of satchels at the end of a map. You know, at the point where everyone knows the match is over, but those 6 guys left still have a whackload of satchels that they are spamming on the stairs, or doorway etc. There is no skill involved with this and it simply becomes a tedious act for the majority of players on a server running into explosions in the hope they eventually run dry. Now if you live or die by your aim and reflexes like most fps matches things would change.

Now I'm sure some of you are sick of my "satchel whoring is gay" comments, but I'm not the only one saying them. The players from what I've seen are divided on this, but at the end of the day can't skill win out over all? Guess I should be ready for the flames.

PVTWaffleman

• MILF hunter
  • Retired zombieX Admin
  • Elite member
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 11:14:01 AM »
First of all Welcome our newest member :D

Alot of people have said about this Kill3r perhaps it is something to think about even though I love my satchels :P

TheRalle

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 11:38:03 AM »
Limit sachels = OK
although i need sachels 4 my runs :rolleyes:

lower zombie health = No
To many places are to ease to vindicate only with machine guns

PVTWaffleman

• MILF hunter
  • Retired zombieX Admin
  • Elite member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 11:49:29 AM »
I love the satchel run too

Tobb3

• Retired zombieX Admin
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 11:52:32 AM »
lol maybe zombies must have more health :D

and i need the satchels too

BauerUK

• Retired zombieX Admin
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »
Good idea but in practise, people will only end up spam shooting at the choke points instead of satchels so dont think it will help, or could flamethrower. Im afraid the zombies all eventually win 8/10 times so there is no need for such drastic changes imho.

BauerUK

KiLL3R

• Administrator
  • Elite member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 03:49:28 PM »
I've lowered the number of satchels from 30 to 25, it won't take effect until i restart the server, which I'll probably do in a bit

I shall also make it so if the damage done is more than the zombies health, then you only get the how much helth the zombie had for your points

zom has 5 health left
you do 400 damage
you only get 5 points, not 400

bikkel007

• Retired zombieX Admin
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 06:54:11 PM »
good update Kill3r.

Jlaff

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 11:43:33 PM »
Yeah should be an interesting update.

LXY-TripleH

• Head Biatch
  • Moderators & Server admins
  • Elite member
    • http://www.soreclan.com
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 12:56:30 AM »
i dont mind what the limits are i just enjoy playing the game if all i have it a PPSH so be it id enjoy it!!

King_Paradox

• ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ O hai der
  • Retired zombieX Admin
  • Elite member
  • O hai der.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 09:46:03 AM »
Shame to see the satchels Lowered D: I love them on Seelow when I wait for everyone to die on 3rd Floor :)

Regards. Oh well, it's history Now :o

bikkel007

• Retired zombieX Admin
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 10:23:59 AM »
Yea we have now 25 charges. But I think it's more fear. When there are 20 hunters and 30 zombies are there 500 charges and before 600. That's 100 kills more.

KiLL3R

• Administrator
  • Elite member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 06:25:34 PM »
Quote from: bikkel007;4629
That's 100 kills more.

100 kills less you mean?

Anyway, not every satchel will kill, and some will kill more than 1

Krackling

• Elite member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 10:55:57 PM »
King i think the seelow and ratskitchen campers are the biggest problem.
zombies get no chance until u dont run out of satchels

Jlaff

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 11:43:26 PM »
Seeing the satchels lowered hasn't really made much impact on gameply imo. It's still actually getting quite frustrating, both on the zombie and hunter side. Having the damage corrected has been a HUGE improvement though. I'm actually able to win a few matches with guns now. Now let me start my rant by re stating I love this mod, it's great.

But. These satchels are like a noob "easy button" (forgive me for using the word noob). The bazookas force you to actually look at your opponent, satchels are still just mindlessly thrown, and scores, while not as over inflated as before, are still racked up without effort. When using a gun you have to aim, often side step, move forward, backward, crouch, and of course fire while maintaining your aim. Most zombies take 6-10 shots to take down. Satchels are tossed in the general direction of the target. Two mouse clicks and that wide radius explosion takes down all in site. Now still having 25 of these? Once again, it's a personal easy button. I'm not sure if the expected balance is close to being achieved or not, but these satchels throw balance way outta whack and right out the window in my opinion. Tweaking zombie health can limit the expected advantage zombies would receive when limiting satchels, like say grenades and giving out 3 at most. I can see that we are given 3 mines to start with. Why not just 25 mines a person? Truly not much different in damage and effect. But we're given three. And I can't understand how two weapons so similiar can have one limited and another not. Especially when one is limited for good reason. I've been playing fps' since 1995. I've come to know that all the greats have incredible balance. They also make everyone feel as though they have a chance that through their own abilities, provided they are skilled enough, they can win. Running at a group of hunters with 6 satchels on the ground in the doorway between you and them does not convey any sense of having a chance at that point. The only person having fun then, is the one laughing at how easy he's getting kills with those damn satchels.

Once again, I love this mod. Part of the reason I'm so passionate about seeing it improve. These 25 satchels a hunter though, almost like taking home a perfect 10 from the bar, your dream girl. Then you get her home and a big vainey phallus falls out the side of her panties. If you agree with what I'm saying please sound off, and please both sides throw out some more arguments, for and against.