Author Topic: ZombieX character creation?  (Read 683 times)

Doom-Priest

• Moderators & Server admins
  • Elite member
ZombieX character creation?
« on: January 30, 2017, 03:43:10 PM »
Hey everyone,

So we're looking at what we are going to do in the future for the zombie 'looks'. Theres some choices listed above but feel free to name your own here.

Options explained:

1. You create your zombie by picking a predefined one and change its appearance using a menu similar to Skyrim / Fallout 4. You will always spawn as this zombie. (No crazy options will be available, its got to fit the rest of the theme.)

2. You pick a predefined zombie that changes based on your zombie skilltree choices. (like picking more hp makes him/her become fatter.) Similar like how in GTA:SA you could train at the gym and make CJ ripped. (Or fat if you kept eating food)

3. We make a nice amount of zombies, and on spawn you just get assigned a random one. (Just like ZombieX in CoD5.)

4. Name your own idea on how to tackle this. (perhaps mix 2 and 3 and pick your own which isnt affected by skilltree?)

Keep in mind that option 1 takes a huge amount of time as we don't know yet on how to do it. Whilst 3 is the easiest one to implement. (And 2 is inbetween)

♛Ⓣⓐⓓⓔⓙ♛

• zombieX Server Admin
  • Elite member
  • Be niga.
Re: ZombieX character creation?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 03:49:10 PM »
1st I want just see normally 1-3 skins and 1-3 heads and thats all. After in update I want see system where you can alone paint zombie. adding tatoos clothes, faces...

donchill

• ( ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°) GabeN
  • Elite member
  • Insert Cheezburger nao
    • Battlefield 3 Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 03:50:58 PM »
like whatever class you randomly get assigned IF you choose one the apperance changes to fat, the fast zombie is more thin, the one with more limbs has some mutant limbs etc

if there are no classes or if you dotn choose a class then maybe 3 could be the default
R.I.P. Signature

Doom-Priest

• Elite member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 03:54:10 PM »
We're not going to do standard classes, but you get a zombie skilltree. (Essentially you could build a tanky zombie or fast or mix etc.)

@Tadej, a modular system is also a choice :)

Doom-Priest

• Elite member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »
Just as a update, this is ment for us to look if people care about creating / customizing content. It requires quite some work and if no one is that interested we would be better off investing the time into some cooler concepts. (like more maps for example)

KiLL3R

• Administrator
  • Elite member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 12:43:44 AM »
To begin with I think they should just be random, like Tadej mentioned, just to get everything working. The hunters should be able to tell what type of zombie is coming for them, I think #2 will work best for that.

Doom-Priest

• Elite member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 11:42:21 AM »
Hey everyone,

Thanks for voting and letting me know what you want to see.
3rd option won with 1 vote ahead (not counting the other dev's vote and beerfan's as they voted 2, so technically option 2 won).

The 3rd option is already implemented and im currently working on several zombie models.
Random zombie skins will be picked for you now as you spawn and later on in the development road we'll discuss on how to easily show hunters what they're up against.