Author Topic: Best Programming Languages  (Read 1135 times)

xCrusadentx

• Pokemon Master
  • Elite member
  • Bring all da Hentai
    • Kill3r Creations
Best Programming Languages
« on: June 17, 2012, 11:15:22 PM »
Hey all.  I wanted to get into some serious studying over the summer vacation with computer programming, as I hope that it will play a major role in my future career.  However, there are many languages out there, and I want your opinions on the best ones to learn.  I want to be able to not rely so much on stuff I find on the internet, but instead to write a good amount of code while seeking some help from the internet instead.  So, in your opinions, what is the best language to learn?  *Note* This doesn't relate to writing scripts for ZombieX, totally independent code.

My future goals after studying the discussed language would be to make games, and be able to make programs for calculations if the need arises for such.  Thank you.

Influential Ones I've Heard / Have some knowledge of:

Java
    Javascript
    C#
    Python
    Perl

Zoreh

• V.I.P.s
  • Elite member
Re: Best Programming Languages
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 11:31:01 PM »
I wanted to study also about programming, and my friends told me that C# was good to start with (Fixz also said that.)

Believe also that Tadej and Kill3r has a answer for you later.

donchill

• ( ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°) GabeN
  • Moderators & Server admins
  • Elite member
  • Insert Cheezburger nao
    • Battlefield 3 Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:32:05 PM »
i do c#/java atm
R.I.P. Signature

TommoUK

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »
I've asked myself this many a time and done a lot of looking into many languages

C/C++/ C# are SOLID languages, they can build extremely powerful applications, and is used in all new games, and most programmes, the learning curve is steep on C++, but not imposible, I would reccomend learning C first if you are knew to programming

Java - There is a lot of money in java programming, its a very powerful OO language, if you enjoy web design then this is great, also games such as runescape and other games run off java, aswell as many devices.

Python / perl I consider a waste of time to learn, I have spent 2-3 years learning pascal in 6th form, and whilst it provided me a solid foundation for programming, It is not worth the time and effort learning a primitive language that lacks the ability to even thread tasks xD

The curveball - I personally am going to be spending my summer learning Actionscript, already have a base for game but exams put development on hold. There is big money in this if you get the right angle for an app. and I think it looks great on a portfolio / would be a great uni project having made a popular IOS / android app.

Zoreh

• V.I.P.s
  • Elite member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 11:33:53 PM »
Well C++ is not a beginning script-language that dang sure :p

TommoUK

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 11:35:55 PM »
I learnet C++ as one of my first languages :P, some of the basic level stuff is quite nice to deal with and no harder than any other language, I would say its no harder than java thats for sure.

But when you get to pointers and such in C++, thats when you really have to start thinking, arrays will also confuse someone who has not programmed before at first xD

♛Ⓣⓐⓓⓔⓙ♛

• zombieX Server Admin
  • Elite member
  • Be niga.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 04:50:37 AM »
c++ its good if u learn it u know how to mod COD and Java atm cuz im leraning it at school.

Lossy

• http://lossycreation.weebly.com
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 09:53:44 AM »
C/C++ is good for modding games like quake 3 or cod :P

python coding is fun, i only learnt it for B3 stuff.

java scripting, well you can pretty much do what ever you want with it i use it for website stuff at the moment but i would advise to know HTML before learning java scripting.

Java, its pretty much the same as C/C++ just a more powerful complex program language

and I've never heard of perl