Author Topic: ZomX for urban terror  (Read 496 times)

u.thewitness

ZomX for urban terror
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:35:38 AM »
I need your help :eek: is there anyway to make a mod zombieX  for urban terror servers we host over 15 gameservers urt 8 waw 4 cod4 we have over 1000 player a week using them ..we love the waw zombie game and thanks for all your team hard work making it i have enjoyed playing it ..we seen a zombie mod server for urban terror but its weak roflol compared to your mod any help facepalm would be awesome thanks from the (aCw) team

Doom-Priest

• Moderators & Server admins
  • Elite member
Re: ZomX for urban terror
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »

u.thewitness

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:54:47 PM »
Thanks for fast reply ..you are saying that the  zomx 1.2 for world at war will also work the same for urban terror  base on a Quake3 engine ..maps are zip to a .pk3 i do see some of the same dvars on the Quake3  as ...world at war is on a different engine i am just asking before i run the test on our test server ...thanks (aCw)Team
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:57:09 PM by u.thewitness »

TommoUK

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 07:48:50 PM »
There is no chance it will run as stock lol, you will need to modify it yourself mate, this community doesn't play urban terror from what i'm aware so highly doubht kill3r would put in the time to convert

KiLL3R

• Administrator
  • Elite member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:37:28 PM »
I'd have to convert pretty much everything if I was going to port to Urban Terror, I don't play it so I won't be doing it.

u.thewitness

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 12:25:01 AM »
ok thanks if i wish to take the time to convert pretty much everything whats the best mod tool you use .. we use Autodesk http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=13571257&siteID=123112 ....just asking

KiLL3R

• Administrator
  • Elite member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 12:35:41 AM »
First you'll need the mod source, which is not publicly available.
I use WaW model tools, since that's you what you need for WaW modding and Maya (8 or 8.5 only) for models as that is the only modelling program that the WaW model exporter supports, there is also a custom made exporter for Blender.

u.thewitness

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 12:52:34 AM »
Thanks for all your help i dont play urban terror my self only host servers for the game i play all the call of duty & bf2 portal ect.. my self we host a large community i was looking to make a mod for that game that would blow them away your's came to the top of my list i have injoy yours for the last 2 years if you don't mind from time to time can i ask for your team's help seeing that i know code vb good  but not modding thanks Robert (aCw)team
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:54:38 AM by u.thewitness »

KiLL3R

• Administrator
  • Elite member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 11:25:39 PM »
Quote from: u.thewitness;66095
Thanks for all your help i dont play urban terror my self only host servers for the game i play all the call of duty & bf2 portal ect.. my self we host a large community i was looking to make a mod for that game that would blow them away your's came to the top of my list i have injoy yours for the last 2 years if you don't mind from time to time can i ask for your team's help seeing that i know code vb good  but not modding thanks Robert (aCw)team

Sure, but not sure how much help you'll get since the games are probably fairly different under the hood even though they both come from the same engine.