Author Topic: Computer Rights  (Read 1077 times)

GamerseanX

Computer Rights
« on: May 16, 2012, 02:17:59 AM »
My computer has been being an ass lately, it wont let me edit anything in the codwaw directory, its on C now but it use to be on another parition i made before i re-installed it. It wont let me edit my map's CSV, gsc or anything. Basicaly i cant touch my own shat! I can edit some stuff but not that other stuff i listed^^^ wanna delete that line impact something and add some other stuff :(

McKay

• Sup
  • Retired zombieX Admin
  • Elite member
Re: Computer Rights
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 02:26:13 AM »
You can't edit a notepad file? :confused:
Maps made for Server:
Death Trap, Spherical, No Man's Land, Sumpf Trap, Dead City, Dead City V2, and Outlast.

GamerseanX

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 02:35:12 AM »
Quote from: McKay;65617
You can't edit a notepad file? :confused:

not the ones in my C/:
use to be able to when it was on a custom partition, do i have an option to make everything not need admin permission?
Bye the way if u guys are wondering i have my own pc so no worrys i am a pc wiz, any problem i have can be fixed(thats why im taking computer classes in high school and gonna be in the military :D)

Zoreh

• V.I.P.s
  • Elite member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 07:23:43 AM »
Quote from: GamerseanX;65616
My computer has been being an ass lately, it wont let me edit anything in the codwaw directory, its on C now but it use to be on another parition i made before i re-installed it. It wont let me edit my map's CSV, gsc or anything. Basicaly i cant touch my own shat! I can edit some stuff but not that other stuff i listed^^^ wanna delete that line impact something and add some other stuff :(

If you use Windows 7 or xp You need to right click file and go to properties/security/ and then select the USERNAME (you will probaly see there.) then press edit, then select ther username again I belive and press ''Allow everything'' or something and then apply. Done.

Video tutorial. I know he have a weird voice but dont need to listen to him, just so you know where to press. (hope this will help.)

Doom-Priest

• Moderators & Server admins
  • Elite member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 10:14:01 AM »
Become administrator :cool:

Yea right mouse on the whole folder, properties and then somewhere you can give yourself access, had it too in the past.

GamerseanX

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
Thank you soaren and doom :D fixed

GamerseanX

Sorry
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »
I dont wanna spam threads but i got a quistion about my buyable blocker, after a while of help and playing around i figured out how to make my own buyable blocker following our guide :D but when i test here is what i see.... ya know that default weapon text on it, it says owned! well thats what my blocker looks like! It still says my hintstring and price: Buy this shat bro, its worth it ;)(7500) but there is no block exept for that owned! text in giant letters :confused:

McKay

• Sup
  • Retired zombieX Admin
  • Elite member
Re: Sorry
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 11:08:49 PM »
The only way to get 'OWN3d' is if you browse for a model or _prefab, but never put it in the map. You should see a red square, delete it.
Maps made for Server:
Death Trap, Spherical, No Man's Land, Sumpf Trap, Dead City, Dead City V2, and Outlast.

Doom-Priest

• Moderators & Server admins
  • Elite member
Re: Sorry
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 11:10:35 PM »
Quote from: McKay;65726
The only way to get 'OWN3d' is if you browse for a model or _prefab, but never put it in the map. You should see a red square, delete it.

Or select and edit it, select a xmodel for it.