Author Topic: COD4: Alien vs Predator (Beta)  (Read 3743 times)

lorder23

Re: COD4: Alien vs Predator (Beta)
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2010, 11:04:39 AM »
Quote from: insane;40373
Meh...bunch of stuff...

Elite class for level 100 (non-leader players) ...etc etc
Added acidspit for aliens (ranged weapon)
Firespit for killstreak as alien...

etc etc... too much to mention.

Wasn't this already for beta 2

insane

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2010, 11:37:58 AM »
Hmmm.. rapidfire rifle for level 100 predators.

i cant remember the changes..but ive done alot to the scripts.

lorder23

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »
Quote from: insane;40388
Hmmm.. rapidfire rifle for level 100 predators.

i cant remember the changes..but ive done alot to the scripts.

Ok, so it's only on those 2 servers and it's no way I can put it on my serv, right?

insane

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »
Correct..and i dont know when there will be a full version..because i lost prob most of the more important files... a few models and a bunch of the new fx files and maybe a couple menu files. Soooo yeah..

lorder23

« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2010, 12:54:16 PM »
Quote from: insane;40407
Correct..and i dont know when there will be a full version..because i lost prob most of the more important files... a few models and a bunch of the new fx files and maybe a couple menu files. Soooo yeah..

can you PMme when it's finished please

insane

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2010, 01:28:44 PM »
Sure. IF it's ever finished. Like i said..hard drive crashed and i didn't have a few of the newer things backed up.. and those newer things were unique and take a while to create...so yeah.

lorder23

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »
Quote from: insane;40424
sure. If it's ever finished. Like i said..hard drive crashed and i didn't have a few of the newer things backed up.. And those newer things were unique and take a while to create...so yeah.

ok, give your best to make it better

coRpSE

• http://www.headshotdomain.net
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2010, 10:59:51 PM »
I just tried this mod, its not bad, but for anyone new playing someone higher ranked, your going to hate it for you pretty much have 0 chance of winning. Personally, my opinion is that with the right settings to make it on a more of a level playing ground for new and experinced players to that mod, then it will be better. Will I ever play on the server running it, no, the one match was enough, I did not care for the fact of putting 3 clips into a guy and knifing him once does not kill him. Just does not scream repeatiability to me.

insane

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2010, 06:40:19 AM »
Well of course they don't die easily.... they are aliens... they have thick bodies that are resistant to bullet and melee attacks...facepalm

coRpSE

• http://www.headshotdomain.net
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2010, 05:02:53 PM »
Quote from: insane;44121
Well of course they don't die easily.... they are aliens... they have thick bodies that are resistant to bullet and melee attacks...facepalm

Have you ever seen the movies??? I guess not from that statement. But the even balance of the mod it terrible. Concept is great and would have been more interesting when I was on it, but the even balance of it was not there at all. Only thing that would keep it remotely close was if everyone is the same rank.

If you have to equally skilled players go on that mod, and one is the highest rank and the other is rank one, there is no chance in hell the lower rank guy will win.

To me that is not a balanced game which is the fall of many possible great games, for instance, ETQW.

insane

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »
I'll agree with that, sometimes it isn't as balanced as it should be.. but to me, it has to do with who's playing and what map it's on. If it's a close range map, aliens will win, if it's a long range map, predators will win.

I'll add something in an 'attempt' to balance out level 100 players.. as for anything else.. it's still growing with more stuff each time i update it. So maybe it'll reach the point where everyone is satisfied.