Author Topic: VIP Head icon  (Read 19593 times)

klemenkin

• Elite member
VIP Head icon
« on: March 05, 2010, 10:57:40 PM »
I was thinking why the VIP head icon is not used on these servers?
Why not use it on players that have done something for the server like fill in reports(cheat,glich,hack,insults) and donate money with a VIP head icon?
They would have a new menu like admins by pressing 9 or any other number witch would open a menu like the admin one.

The VIP head icon would me a thanks to players who did something special for the server.

Is there a way this could be used on these two servers?

If it would I think these are the ones that would get an icon:
Andy_02
E_C03
Takkrala
Ever121
Krackling
malciouspit
Oblivion
TheRalle
jimp
KiraKlene
zombielikem
TheBoxNoob

And a few others that i might not be on the list...

P.S.
Stupidest question ever: Can I have it if i help :/?

Waffy

• Terry is that you?
  • Retired zombieX Admin
  • Elite member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SoReClan?feature=mhum
Re: VIP Head icon
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 11:47:23 PM »
well we've talked about this before but it's all up to kill3r.

If you are going to add the VIP tags can I please implore you that you make them small!!!!!!

The Admin tags are huge and they block people's view especially towards end game camping mayhem.

klemenkin

• Elite member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 11:57:11 PM »
This is one of my top wants for this mod.

Yes I think too the Admin and VIP head icons should be made smaller.(Not to small :P)

And a new menu for VIP would be good?
And whit that a way to bind it:
/bind (key) openscriptmenu zomxvip (numer)

One of the options would be to remove/add the head icon.

Why not make a special skin for them too like the banana man one.

Plus he could add a n00b tag to those who glich and insult others.

On a nother note:
If i donate to this site can i have a VIP tag?
And How can i fill in reports?(photo and name or do i need anything else?)

Takkrala

• Elite member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 12:03:06 AM »
Donation are Donations purely and only... u will not gain ANYTHING for donating to this site Donating is of free will without the intent of gaining something...

Reason: if KiLL3R made it like that everyone can demand stuff and i believe KiLL3R doesnt wants that

Edit: why do people always have to beg for stuff so they can think they are more then other people???... i mean i was an admin and still i never tought i was higher then anyone... LOL

Edit 2: LOL if i was VIP and could give n00b tags the whole server would be walking around with a giant n00b on their heads XD
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 12:08:30 AM by Takkrala »

klemenkin

• Elite member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 12:12:08 AM »
Well im not thinking that im better then anyone else -.-

I was just asking and I don't really need it. I was suggesting this idea for others like you Takkrala.

In fact there so many others out there who are way better then me at everything...
If i might say i have a lot of respect to some of the players in the server. And on the other side i have a lot of disrespect to some players(witch is not that many) who glich,cheat or insult others.

I just wanted to know how to report the right way so I would not post ussless posts...

Oh and I didn't demand anything...

TheBoxNoob

• ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ TBN ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
  • Retired zombieX Admin
  • Elite member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 12:31:22 AM »
HéHé, N0ob tag =)

The Box Noob

klemenkin

• Elite member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 12:47:22 AM »
It would be funny to see the reaction of players who see the guy with the noob tag.
What would he think when all are looking at him :P?

Takkrala

• Elite member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 09:46:20 AM »
Quote from: klemenkin;21417

Oh and I didn't demand anything...

ermm where have you seen me saying that?...

Exposed09

• Head Biatch
  • Retired zombieX Admin
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 10:00:31 AM »
i think the admin icon is ok and its in the size it should be, it was first place thinking to make it this size that players can identify it from far distance. the size of admin icon in my opinion should stay the size and color as it is :)

about vip icon its a nice idea and long time players who helped can gain. to have a clear definition between the vip icon and the admin icon, the vip icon  would need to  be smaller then the admin icon and in diffrent color (gray for example) .vip members should only have the vip icon therfore there wownt be any need to make a vip menu ingame.
imo vip status idea is  only to state a player that has helped and a player that is appreciated in servers for his contribution.

the only problem with this idea is that alot of players will start flooding and some will get angry for not "getting" the vip status. players might start fighting over in the ingame chat. if kill3r will add this vip status in the future, there will have to be a clear define on how you gain and get a vip status.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:20:04 AM by Exposed09 »

TheBoxNoob

• ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ TBN ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
  • Retired zombieX Admin
  • Elite member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »
Quote from: Exposed09;21430

the only problem with this idea is that alot of players will start flooding and some will get angry for not "getting" the vip status. players might start fighting over in the ingame chat. if kill3r will add this vip status in the future, there will have to be a clear define on how you gain and get a vip status.

Indeed =), But that's hard isn't it? =)

The Box Noob

Exposed09

• Head Biatch
  • Retired zombieX Admin
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »
yes its hard but there is no other choice because otherwise there will be chaos =)

klemenkin

• Elite member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »
Isn't the VIP icon already in the mod?
I think i saw it in the zomx.cfg file that you can add GUIDs like the Admin icon.

I can post a pic in my listen server of my bro having it.

And i think it would be nice to have a VIP menu were you can Enable and disable the icon.

The icon would really only be given to those who post suggests,report glichers,hackers and are friendly to other members.

The VIP icon could be used on Ex-Admins to.

KiLL3R

• Administrator
  • Elite member
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 02:36:22 PM »
Yeah, VIP icons are already in the mod (they're green instead of red), but VIPs only get a VIP headicon, there's no new menus or extra options for them (would need a client update).

King_Paradox

• ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ O hai der
  • Retired zombieX Admin
  • Elite member
  • O hai der.
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 04:11:46 PM »
I think it's a good idea, and always will be, but there should only be a limited amount of VIP's.
However, I think rewards should only become available once admins have more skins, like the one Old Fart posted and the first skin we had in the beginning.
This way Admins get a little more benefits than VIP's.

But, as Waffy said, it's all up to KiLL3R.

Regards.

Zadro

• Elite member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 04:20:20 PM »
What if admins and players on the servers know that someone always helps in lots of ways like reporting but not just for 5 minutes but for a month or so...if you would put this on people like, you already said would be fighting in in-game chat or so
(just wanting to help ^^)